The Ethereum based Web3 wallet MetaMask is rolling out updates that will integrate the crypto wallet with Apple Pay for Iphone and iOS users, enabling cryptocurrency purchases.
There is however a small caveat as at this time Apple does not support direct purchases of cryptocurrency via its own platform. The workaround is to purchase the crypto through Wyre, which does integrate with Apple Pay and supports Crypto.
The new updates will also allow users to purchase crypto with credit and debit cards, so the users will not be required to send over Etheruem or Ethereum based ERC-20 tokens to the MetaMask app. With the Wyre API, Apple Pay users will be able to send a up to $400 dollars into their MetaMask wallet.
Key Notes about MetaMask:
- MetaMask is a web browser extension or plugin that provides its uses an Ethereum and ERC-20 compatible wallet.
- Users of MetaMask can hold Ethereum (ETH) and many other ERC-20 tokens in their wallet.
- MetaMask recently surpassed 30 million monthly active users making it one of the most popular crypto wallets.
- The MetaMask wallet can be used to interface with Decentralized applications (dapps).
- MetaMask wallet holders can generally authenticate into the dapps with their MetaMask wallet and can purchase items such as NFTs or services via the funds in the wallet
- Items can be sent to the MetaMask wallet through the wallet address via the dapp, such as NFTs or tokens for example if you were selling an item.
- BumbleBeeCrypto.com has put together MetaMask installation and configuration instructions for easy setup here: